Torsten Buchmann studied civil engineering at the Technical University of Brunswick, Germany. After various course-related activities, he was working as a project engineer for more than 5 years at the company BLIC. Since 2007 he has primarily worked independently in the same market sector, systems for public transport, active.
Over the last 13 years working in the field of ITS systems he was not only working as a consultant on the client side operates, but also for suppliers at Hoeft & Wessel AG and Bond Traffic Solutions (UAE). As a Bid Manager he dealt with technical, planning, financial and contractual challenges on the supplier side and got into details on the feasibility of future-oriented solutions.
Mr. Buchmann thus knows the views of manufacturers and system operators and is our expert on the harmonization of work between industry and consulting. His years of experience in the ITS industry, both in national and international projects as a consultant of customers and suppliers makes Mr. Buchmann a very valued partner for our projects.
His area of expertise described as following (not limited to):
- Automatic Fare Collection systems (AFC)
- Intermodal Transport Control systems, Automated Vehicle Management Systems (ITCS, AVM)
- Real Time Passenger Information systems (RTPI)
- Passenger planning System or Journey Planner (JP)
- Depot management Systems (DMS)
- Service Planning systems
Mr. Buchmann is your contact in particular for:
- Technical analysis and strategic planning
- Technical and functional specifications
- Technical and time feasibility
- Monitoring of supply phase and procurement processes
- Technical consulting during the detail specification phase and
- Introduction, start up and support of systems